AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH COUNCIL (ARC)
Find details of the different ARC campuses at www.arc.agric.za.
Banks have teams of agricultural advisors, who work closely with the agricultural managers. The role of these economists includes giving assistance and advice on business planning, feasibility studies, compiling of comprehensive agricultural reports, and strategic planning and expansion programmes. This specialist service is available on request for a fee. For more information, contact your local agricultural advisor or manager.
Universities offer consulting services. Some examples are:
- University of the Free State (UFS) Department of Agricultural Economics www.ufs.ac.za/agri-econ
- UFS Centre for Sustainable Agriculture, Rural Development and Extension www.ufs.ac.za/censard
- UFS Department Animal, Wildlife and Grassland Sciences www.ufs.ac.za/animal
- University of Stellenbosch Business School – Executive Development (USB-ED Ltd) www.usb-ed.com
- Enterprises UP www.enterprises.up.ac.za
Accessing government incentives
There are companies which can help you tap into incentives and funds on offer. Google “incentive consultants”.
Real estate and valuations
Find details of consultants like Michael Du Plessis, Measured Farming and AGRI LAND GROUP under the Role players heading.
The agricultural weekly publications Landbouweekblad and Farmer’s Weekly cover agricultural property sales, as do their websites (find the “Auctions and Farm Sales” menu option at www.farmersweekly.co.za). www.landbou.com has a data bank of farm prices for the past decade.
Some websites advertising farms for sale: www.adek.co.za, www.agrisell.co.za, www.agri-land.co.za, www.wiltinnet.co.za www.gamefarmestates.co.za, www.safarmtraders.co.za, www.jackklaff.co.za, www.hoskens.co.za.
Share this article